The rest of the 2014 information will be available soon!
Race Day Details
Please check the schedule
for race day schedules, maps, directions and more.
After the battles of the day are ended, the top 10 warriors across all categories, from each OBRA Sanctioned team (teams that have paid 2014 annual dues to OBRA, listed here
) will be tallied and assigned points.
The team with the lowest points for the series will be declared the victor
Teams with fewer than 10 warriors fielded in the battles of the day will be awarded 100 points per absentee warrior up to the total of 10 warriors. Warriors who place 100 or above in any category will be awarded 100 points.
For example, if your team's top placings are: 5 (cat M A's), 8 (cat Elite W), 34 (cat B), 42 (cat B), 22 (Clydesdales), 15 (cat MM50+), 85 (cat SS), and 102 (cat Beg) and you did not field a ninth or tenth warrior in any category, your team would be awarded 511 points.
The victorious team will be awarded the Cross Crusade Team Trophy.
The best six out of eight placings in the series will count in the final tally (drop the races with the fewest points). Riders must race in at least 3 races for the overall series. Series prizes will be awarded at the series end party
Points are awarded 18 deep in each race. Points schedule is – 26,20,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1. Reminder: only 6 races count.
Ties will be broken by OBRA's standard omnium tie-breaking rules (OBRA Rules
In case of a tie on total points, the tie will be broken in favor of the rider who has:
- The most first place finishes or, if still tied, the most second place finishes, etc., or if still tied;
- The highest placing in the last race, or the race nearest the last race of the omnium in which at least one of the tied riders placed.
Most bikes are legal – Mountain bikes, 'cross, cruisers, unicycles, etc. But take heed: courses will favor those on 'cross bikes – so choose your weapon wisely! Please no fixed gears or bikes with bullhorns or bar ends.
- Category A=OBRA and/or USCF categories 1,2, NORBA Expert (Please note: you may not self-upgrade to Category A)
- Category B=OBRA and/or USCF category 3, NORBA Sport
- Category C=OBRA and/or USCF categories 4&5, NORBA Beginner (Riders at this level may choose to race Category B.)
- Masters= Age 35+ (unless otherwise noted) and ability graded as outlined above.
- Clydesdale=200+ lbs
- Singlespeeds=A single-speed bicycle is a type of bicycle with a single gear ratio.
These bicycles are without derailleur gears, hub gearing or other
methods for varying the gear ratio of the bicycle. Locked out geared
bikes (including electronic shifters without a battery)
are not sufficient to qualify as single speed bikes.
- Promoter and/or officials reserves the right to change your category. No sandbagging will be tolerated!
Membership & Licenses
required for all riders. Single race memberships are available for $5.00. Season OBRA memberships are available for $10.00 online ($15.00 at the race or by mail). Junior season memberships are free.
All series passes must be purchases at or before race #1.
$30.00 Category A Men & Category A Women ($210 series)
$10.00 Juniors ($70 series)
$5.00 Unicycles (What?! or $40 series)
$25.00 all other categories ($175 series)
Register for the series online
. You can find online registration links on the individual race flyers and on the schedule
Day-of-event registration will be available at each race venue. Save time by printing out a waiver (PDF) and completing it at home.
Racers may also preregister by sending a completed OBRA waiver (PDF) and check payable to "Club Vivo" to:
7025 SW 7th Ave
Portland, OR 97219