2021 CYCLOCROSS CRUSADE CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT of TEAMS
Calling all cyclocross race teams! You are cordially invited to participate in this season’s Team Competition!
YOU BATTLE ON THE COURSE WEEK AFTER WEEK. AND YET IT IS NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU TO SPRAY YOUR OPPONENT WITH THE MUD OFF YOUR WHEEL AS YOU LAY WASTE TO THEIR HOPES OF VICTORY.
TEAMS EXIST FOR ONE PURPOSE. TO VANQUISH ALL OTHER TEAMS. AND IT IS FOR THIS REASON THAT THIS YEAR, WE CHALLENGE ALL TEAMS TO A CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT OF TEAMS COMPETITION.
HOW IT WORKS:
PARTICIPATING Teams who have 5 or more members who choose to participate in this friendly competition will be requested to sign up at THE TEAM COMPETION REGISTRATION Mailbox at the first Cyclocross Crusade Race 1 at PIR Heron Lakes. There will be a Team Competition registration Mailbox in the expo area. Put your team name and contact info into the registration box. Teams will be paired up (chosen randomly by Crusade staff).
At race #2 In Cascade Locks, the participating teams that meet the requirements will be notified at cascade locks.
The 3 teams will compete at noon at Rainier High school. At least 5 members must be present to compete.
Battles are to be performed during the Course Break in the expo area starting at 11:55am. Judging will take place at 12:10pm. Battle scores (think points matrix similar to gymnastics scoring) will determine finishing placers. Points are awarded by Crusade Staff (bribes may be considered for higher placement).
WINNING TEAM receives the inaugural CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT OF TEAMS MEDALIST TROPHY which we request be displayed at future Cyclocross Crusade races (bragging rights)!
- Teams must have a minimum of 5 team members
- If there is an odd number of teams – the “third” team will be randomly chosen by Crusade Staff (and may consist of Chipp Ross, Ryan Weaver and Rick Potestio and a random unicyclist)
- Remember this is all about having fun! Please use good judgement and keep it PG rated.
- Team competitions are judged by the Cyclocross Crusade Crew, but participation is for the entire race community!
- Think green! Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
- Venue garbage facilities are limited. We really appreciate your cooperation with packing out your own trash/recycling.
- Last but most importantly….HAVE FUN!